You will be able to watch 4K video at 60 frames per second using HDR support on HDMI 1. HDMI ports supporting 4K range from 30 to 60 frames per second.
We need to discuss this further. My article explains the names of the eARC, DVI, STB, and MHL ports. Using the right applications and ports for the circumstances you find yourself in will enable you to handle whatever situation arises.
Connecting a Samsung 4K TV to HDMI
I will explain port labels first, then we will dive into the application. Below is a list of the video formats that HDMI supports as of version 1.0 through version 2.1.
HDMI Port Labels Explained
Samsung TVs have HDMI ports that are almost identical to USB ports. 4K HDMI ports on Samsung TVs are labeled with colors, but this does not distinguish them at all. It is similar to labeling connectors with numbers such as HDMI 1, HDMI 2, HDMI 3, and so forth.
- In other words, external media support is indicated by labels such as HDMI (STB), HDMI (eARC), HDMI (DVI), HDMI (MHL), etc.
- Firstly, the STB connection is what STB stands for. Set-top boxes can perform specialized duties with this feature.
- The ARC designates then a return channel. This same technology is also known as eARC. It allows 32 channels of audio to be delivered.
- Its receiver is the primary difference between an ARC HDMI port and a normal HDMI port. A standard HDMI or optical connection must be used to connect a sound system and television without ARC.
- DVI was previously referred to as DVI. HDMI’s early days can be summed up by this feature. Analog audios can therefore be matched with video and are accepted.
- A MHL standard can be found below. Compatible mobile devices can be connected via a HDMI port on the TV.
- It is also important to consider the HDCP label. All external connections are blocked when your 4K TV is connected to another device via HDCP. A handshake is such a connection.
- HDMI ports on Samsung 4k TVs are sometimes rated as ‘good’, ‘better’, or ‘best’. There isn’t much of a difference between them and they don’t matter very much to consumers.
If you are unsure, you should consult your TV manual. The manual can often be found in a book, brochure, or booklet.
The Samsung TV 4K connects via HDMI, but I can’t figure out how?
HDMI is the feature I’m most interested in on the STB. In order to receive this type of content, cable television viewers should use HDMI 1 or this. With cable connections, you do not need to select any ports every time you stream news.
- If you are using an external soundbar, you may only use HDMI (ARC/eARC). You should consider this when connecting to your TV.
- You do not need ARC cables. You can use regular HDMI cables instead. DVI (HDMI) ports can then be used. If you have an old desktop computer on your desk, think about what you want to do with it.
- For viewing the content on the 4K TV with full sound, you’ll need a male-to-male headphones cable.
- With either HDMI (MHL) or DVI (BNC), DVI is rarely used. Using cables to connect mobile devices to TVs is rare. Smart mirroring can be used to remotely mirror smart apps over LAN or online.
- When connecting a streaming device like Roku to a Samsung TV, use HDMI HDCP 2.2. The Samsung TV may display an error message if it cannot detect HDCP 2.2. The Samsung TV should protect digital content.
As a result, you know that the HDMI port of a Samsung TV is one of the best available. Ports have their pros and cons. Samsung televisions have a lot of HDMI ports; I want to clarify the confusion.
There are four HDMI ports on Samsung’s Smart TVs, an official source reports.
What Is the Look of HDMI Connectors?
HDMI connectors resemble HDMI cables almost like USB ports. However, HDMI connectors resemble HDMI cables nearly twice as long and almost twice as wide as USB ports. Each connector can take one end of a HDMI cable, since they have two ends. Connectivity options are available on Samsung’s 4K UHD TVs. Rows of connectors with parallel or horizontal alignment tend to exist.
There may be designations on the HDMI cables, such as ARC, HDPC, STB, and DVI, for various types of connection. No matter what the device’s label is, this connector can be used. Many TVs indicate the connector’s name on their screen. This information can be altered.
FAQs On Which HDMI Port to Use for 4K Samsung
On my Samsung TV, which HDMI port should I use?
On the One Connect Box, there is normally a third HDMI port (the HDMI-ARC port), which is usually labeled ARC on the back of the TV or the One Connect Box.
For 4K, which HDMI port is best?
According to HDMI 2.0 standards, the bandwidth is 18 Gigabits per second or 60 frames per second which supports 4K resolution. HDR 2.0a – HDMI 2.0a allows different types of HDR along with all the previous enhancements. HDR 2.0a provides more vibrant and richer color.
What is the difference between HDMI ports on my TV?
HDMI inputs are usually found on receivers, as this is where you connect all HDMI outputs. Regardless of the device name displayed on the input, all of them work the same.
What is the difference between HDMI 1 and 2?
HDMI 1.4 versus HDMI 2.0
In a nutshell, HDMI 2.0 is designed to handle more bandwidth than HDMI 1.4. Both can deliver 4K video, but HDMI 2.0 can transfer up to 18Gbps whereas HDMI 1.4 can only transfer up to 10.2Gbps.
Do all HDMI ports support 4K?
On some TV models that support 4K, UHD or 4K are not supported.
The HDMI port on my 4K TV is not working. How do I connect it?
HDMI cable versions 1.4 onwards can support full 4K resolutions. Except for certain frequency bands, all versions after 1.4 are compatible with 4K devices.
Is HDMI 8K compatible with 4K TVs?
In addition to supporting 8K resolution, a 4K TV is compatible with HDMI 2.1.
How do 4K HDMI cables differ from 1080p HDMI cables?
A 4K HDMI cable has a logo that reads HDMI High-Speed on it.
Does HDMI 2.0 support Dolby Atmos?
Dolby Atmos is not supported in HDMI 2.0.
With the information provided here, you should now know what HDMI cables to use, as well as what ports to use for Samsung 4K TVs. Having an external device and an HDR-capable TV will mean that you can watch 4K content on your TV.
Using HDCP can also be confusing and complicated, so proceed with caution. Always check your Samsung 4K’s manual if you do not know what a port does when you don’t know what it does.
People Also Bought: