Do you need to use this machine for home use or is this your first sewing machine? You should pick Singer 1304 if you agree with any of them. Budget-conscious sewers will find this sewing machine to be a good choice. Sewing machines at this level provide high-quality stitches.
I will be reviewing the Singer Start 1304 from the viewpoint of a sewing enthusiast.
An overview of its features, a demonstration of how it can be used, and a list of its benefits and shortcomings can be seen here.
Singer Start 1304: what are the features?
Even though it might not have all the features you want, if you’re just beginning, you don’t need to focus on machine features.
Although the Singer 1304 is designed for home use, it features a number of features that make it an excellent sewing machine. A few notable features are listed below.
Double Spool Pins:
- Twin needles can be used with the Singer Start thanks to the two spool pins included. While an optional feature, this allows another needle to be positioned parallel to the first.
- There is a practical application to this, which can help you make gorgeous-looking hems. Each needle can also hold two different shades of thread, allowing you to design patterns.
- If you are planning on becoming a sewer, you’ll benefit from this feature.
The following six stitches are built-in:
There are six types of stitches that can be used with the Singer Start 1304: Straight, Scallop, Satin, Zigzag, Buttonhole, and Blind hemstitches.
Even though there are only six stitch types, they are still more than enough for domestic and beginning sewers. Turning a knob allows you to easily switch between stitches. The stitch lengths and widths are also preset, so you don’t have to think about that.
Adjusting the tension automatically:
The tension of stitches is always set correctly. With its handy tension adjustment feature, you’ll save time and energy.
Breaking a thread is never an enjoyable experience. This is taken care of by the Singer Start sewing machine.
Foot presses are interchangeable:
Easily adaptable to suit your specific requirements, this presser foot is very versatile.
Every foot performs a specific function:
- You can use this foot to sew clothing materials together or to make basic mendings.
- Zipper feet allow you to add zippers, cording, and piping just as easily as zippers.
- You can use this foot to add buttonholes to your projects.
A Singer Start’s arm can be easily removed. It allows you not only to maneuver easily while sewing circular items (such as sleeve cuffs), but also to store items in a tray underneath the machine. A couple of things can be stored in the storage unit.
For whom does it serve?
Easy-to-use features were included as part of the design. Many hobbyists and first-time sewers are able to purchase sewing machines.
- The features are enough to handle any workload so you don’t need to worry about it getting damaged. Because a casual sewist won’t need to spend hundreds of dollars on an expensive machine, the singer start is also suitable for home use.
- The unit is not designed for the needs of advanced users or professionals, so unless they are looking for an additional tool for basic sewing and mending, they shouldn’t purchase it.
- An expensive sewing machine will have more premium features. 1304 is an easy choice for beginners because of its ease of use.
- The sewing machine does not require extraordinary skills to operate. Start sewing right away.
- In addition to being easy to use, the Singer 1304 can be used even by kids, who (with the assistance of parents) can sew their little projects.
What We Like
- Singer Start 1304 sewing machine is user-friendly and easy to use.
- Despite its lightweight design, this model is very affordable.
- Operates quietly and is vibration-free because it is constructed of solid metal.
What We Don’t Like
- There are only six stitches built into this model.
- The bobbin or winding of the thread causes unusual thread jamming.
Singer Start 1304 – FAQs
||13 x 7 x 11.5 Inches
|Max Sewing Speed
When it comes to handling tough materials, how well does Singer Start 1304 perform?
- If tough materials are used, the question may arise.
- Here’s the thing: you can use this machine to sew through durable materials such as denim and even up to 3 ounces of leather.
- Instead of the needles provided with this device, you should use Singer 2026 needles (size 16 to 18), which are heavy-duty.
- Stitch thicker fabrics with a long straight stitch and stitch slowly.
- Using this machine is not going to be a concern for a beginner or a hobbyist because you won’t be using any very sturdy materials. Your needs can be met by the motor.
Speed: What is it?
- About 350 to 400 stitches are made per minute on this model. There is some dissatisfaction with this machine, but you will not be paying for an expensive one.
- You are able to accomplish all basic sewing tasks at this speed, however.
How durable is Singer Start 1304?
- A metal frame lets it remain lightweight and extremely portable despite having a very portable design. Stitching on such a machine ensures its durability and consistency.
- A-frame like this facilitates proper alignment and protection of the internal components.
- The sewing machines made by Singer are very durable, and even their budget models can be expected to last for many years.
How long is the warranty period?
- It is astonishing that the sewing machine head is covered by a 25-year limited warranty.
- All electric parts, switches, motors, wiring, and light assemblies have a limited warranty of only two years.
- Bulbs, rings, belts, and adjustments are also covered under a 90-day limited warranty.
- If something should go wrong, having a safety net is very useful.
Sewing machines should be selected according to their intended use, their budget, and their skill level. The features of such a machine can be overwhelming for a novice.
Beginners, hobbyists, and households who have a limited budget can benefit from Singer 1304 sewing machines. Its minimalist nature makes this machine great for teaching students. When you are just starting out, a singer 1304 is the best sewing machine to use.
People Also Bought: