The TOPENS AD5S is a medium duty gate opener kit with solar panel and dual swing gates. It can open up to 16 feet or 550 pounds of weight, depending on the size of your gate. This unit has an automatic opening system that opens the gate when you approach it from either side.
The TOPENS AD5S comes in two different sizes, one for single-swing and another for double-swing gates. Both models have a built-in solar panel which provides power to the motor. There is no need to replace the solar panels for at least 10 years. There are also two different types of batteries included with this model. One type will work with both single and double swing gates while the other only works with single swing gates.
A new battery, a used battery, a rechargeable battery, or even a solar panel can be purchased if you need to replace the battery.
There is no need to spend more than 30 minutes installing these parts.
Automatic Gate Opener for 16 Ft Gate
Features on Topens AD5S Automatic Gate Opener
- Dual Gate Operation – This model has two sets of hinges which allow it to operate as a single set of double doors or as two separate sets of single door.
- Solar Powered – This unit is powered by solar panels located on top of the unit. When the sun shines, this unit will automatically open the gate.
- Automatic Opening System – This unit has an automatic closing system that closes the gate after you leave.
- Remote Control – You can control this unit using a remote control device such as a radio frequency (RF) transmitter.
- Battery Backup – If there is no power source available, this unit will have a battery backup so that it can still be used even if there is no power source.
- Weight Capacity – This unit can handle up to 550 pounds of weight.
- Dimensions – This unit measures 24 inches wide x 18 inches high x 20 inches deep.
- Installation Instructions – Please refer to the installation instructions included in the package.
- Warranty Information – Warranty covers all parts and labor for one year.
Topens AD5S Installation Instructions:
- Remove all existing hardware from your gate.
- Install the top end bracket by removing screws located near the hinge.
- Attach the bottom end bracket using the provided screws.
- Attach the top end bracket to the bottom end bracket using screws.
- Mount the motor onto the brackets using the provided screws. If you do not know how to mount the motor, please refer to our installation guide here.
- Connect the wires to the motor using the provided connectors.
- Connect the solar panel to the battery terminals.
- Place the batteries into the battery holders.
- Plug the battery holder into the back of the unit.
- Turn the unit on and test it out.
- Adjust the height of the gate as needed.
- Test the gate again.
FAQs on Topens AD5S
If you’re looking for an affordable automatic gate opener, then we highly recommend this unit. It’s very simple to use and it works great!