Best Chainsaw Sharpeners for the Money – While using a chainsaw sharped blades make a huge difference in their performance and reduce the risk of injury but after some time of regular usage, the blades go blunt to make them sharp again some people go to the hardware shops to get them sharpened or buy a new chain this process can be on the little expensive side, the best way is to buy to a sharpener and use it whenever you need it.
Arrays of options are available in the market when it comes to a variety of sharpeners, they can vary from manual to electric, bench mounted or portable sometimes different sharpeners are curated for different types of chains.
Top-Rated Electric Chainsaw Sharpeners In the Market
Oregon 410-120 electric chainsaw grinder is a versatile and powerful electric sharpener that is specially designed for people who use their chainsaws regularly, this sharpener goes compatible with many of the chainsaws, therefore, it is the best option for those who own a huge variety of chainsaws and don’t want to invest in many sharpeners, this sharpener goes compatible with chains ranging from 1/4”, 1/3” low profile 0.325”, full profile 3/8” and 404” pitch chains as well as chisel chains and typically any chain that can be set over the units railing.
- It’s really easy to use the sharpener and adjust the chains of different types while using it, though you can take some time while learning to use which adjustment knobs to be used and know when you have to use it and to learn which movement of the adjustment knob will affect the chain.
- This sharpener is electric and is limited which means that it will not be a mess to use this it comes with limited application material and you have to do the limited set up to use this sharpener.
- It is designed to be immobile and bolted to a place which is a great thing because most of the time the devices you use show movements and destroy the work you do so it is really important to use devices that don’t show any movement and this is one of them.
- It can be easily mounted on the wall and you need to make sure that you have to keep it on the stable platform the flatter the platform lesser issues you will face while dealing with a little bit of wobbling which is made while sharpening.
- In the beginning, many people have complained that they are unable to use it because it is very difficult to read the user’s manual and assembly instructions, therefore, they need to ask for help from other people who have used this machine before as they know how to set it, once it is set properly you can easily use it.
- This particular design comes with three-grinding wheels which allow you to sharpen the chain for a while and before you invest in the replacement wheels.
The sharpener is built in such a way that it will last you a lifetime but still for consumer satisfaction it comes with a three-year warranty card.
Are you a person who uses different chains of different sizes and styles?
Then this one is for you Oregon 520-120 bench saw chain grinder is designed for those people who use heavy and multiple chains and is the big brother of 410.
This sharpener is designed to fit any chain you put into isn’t it great! While all the credit goes to the series of easy to use adjustment knobs that have made this process easier than ever before, you will thank these knobs especially when you will be continuously switching between multiple chain sizes as the large knobs are easy to turn and the multiple scale bars on the machine make it easier to mark your settings for a particular chain.
Although it is difficult to use this sharpener in a crowded workplace because it is quite bulky, the design of the sharpener is designed to be mounted on a workbench.
However there is no doubt that it is excellent in its job, it quickly and evenly grinds the chain, but it doesn’t have any distinct feature than 410 models but this model is more expensive than the 410 model which looks unfair because both of the models use a 0.4 horsepower motor, 5-3/4 grinding wheel and offer the maximum speed of 3,400 rpm.
Both of the models come with a three-year warranty card, similar construction, built-in light and two spare grinding wheels so there is almost no difference between both the models but 520 is a more heavy-duty design which makes it better for the ones who use a lot of sharpeners and need to do a lot of sharpening.
If you are looking for a portable chain saw sharpener then you can definitely go for a Timberline chainsaw sharpener as it only weighs 1.2 pounds which makes it extremely easy to carry and even comes with a travel case.
If you have to use it in the woods to cut felling trees in woods or away on the job site you can use it easily as it is fast and easy to use, all you have to do is simply fit it over the chainsaws bar with the chain on it.
You can easily use this tool once you get hanged to it regularly, people who use to file the teeth by hand found it took some time for them to get used to it but after learning how to use it.
It became a very easy and fun process, they also mentioned that the sharpening cutter takes out only a tiny amount of material off from the chain which increases the age of the chain and cutter itself.
- It is made out of machined aluminum which adds to its durability and comes in different shapes and sizes, the manufacturers’ confidence can be shown by the sharpener’s lifetime warranty.
It is one of the best portable sharpeners but a little bit expensive for the manual sharpener.
If you are the one who uses the chainsaw sharpeners once in a while then this one is your go, the manual sharpener from Stihl is the one for users who only need to sharpen their sharpeners once in a while to be perfect, like another manual chainsaw sharpener it doesn’t require large space on the bench but can be taken off away when you don’t need it and you can take it away into the field whenever you need it, and it is safer to have a vice to hold the chainsaw in its place to avoid injury rather than putting it up on your lap.
- Many users reported that it was easy to use this sharpener, even for those who have never used a chainsaw sharpener before it comes with a relatively fast and easy manual guide.
- This sharpener is commonly described as two in one because it not only sharpeners the chain teeth properly but also reduces the depth gauge of the teeth.
- As this sharpener is manual it doesn’t fit every chain and size it is designed to fit specific sizes such as 1/4”, 3/8”, and 0.325” chains.
If you still have any doubt regarding the chain sizes you can call their customer care service as they are helpful and you can ask about the chain size.
If you are a beginner in using the chainsaw sharpeners then this is for you, buffalo tools are the best choice you can have on a budget if you are wondering that why is it so cheap then it is because the sharpener is made out of plastic material and it comes with 90-day warranty card.
The sharpener pays off very well for its job but its manual is very difficult to read therefore many users have to turn their backs for help from the online community.
You need to pull the chain to groove as the machine does not auto-advance the chain and though many people who frequently sharp their chains may find it frustrating but once they will get used to it they will feel so no longer but don’t forget to wear gloves while using the sharpener.
- The sharpener is built in a way to be bolted down to a workbench but if you don’t have a proper space then it can trouble you.
The tools come along with one blade but grinding wheels can be repurchased at a low price from the nearby Buffalo tool store.
What is the Best Electric Chainsaw Sharpener?
We would recommend Oregon 410-120 bench or wall-mounted chain saw grinder because the product is very reasonably priced for the features it possesses and includes a large 5-3/4” grinding wheel, the adjustment knob is very friendly because it allows the sharpener to fit into any chain.
Where to Buy Timberline Chainsaw Sharpener?
Here is a complete review of the timberline chainsaw product. Choose from the above-mentioned review products and you will never regret it at all.
If you need a lot of space while working in a garage then you can permanently mount it on the workbench so that you can use the space for your work.
Moreover, it is durable and comes with a three-year warranty card.
People Also Thought: