Creating a lasting impression
It’s more popular to buy a Benq TH671ST. Due to its small footprint and weight of just 5.9 pounds, the TH671ST is more compact. It is easy to take the projector anywhere since it is lightweight.
With its plastic casing, the projector is lightweight despite its short throw. This projector is not designed to be hung from the ceiling. Keep it on your coffee table since its dimensions are 11.65 inches (L) x 4.6 inches (H) x 9.5 inches (D).
Benq’s TH2150ST projector, however, is more attractive than its more expensive models like the TK850 and HT2550.
It measures 7.94 by 4.79 by 10.91 inches, weighs 7.94 pounds, and has dimensions of 15(L) x 4.79(H), 10.91(D). It weighs about two pounds more than other projectors in its class, but it’s not that heavy.
There are several accessories that come with both projectors, including power cables, remote controls, batteries, and user manuals. A carrying case and backlit remote control are included in the Benq HT2150ST package, however.
Speakers are built into both projectors. Nevertheless, the HT2150ST comes with a pair of 10W stereo speakers, while the TH671ST is equipped with a 5W x1 speaker.
Dedicated speakers will enhance your audio listening experience and should be considered instead of the inbuilt speakers for casual listening.
Most functions can be controlled using the remotes that come with each projector. There is a Focus ring and a Zoom ring on both projectors.
A second camera is also included with the Benq TH671ST, in addition to the Ambient Light Sensor (ALS). This sensor adjusts gamma levels in conjunction with Benq’s LumiExpert technology. The image quality is therefore excellent, regardless of the lighting. Furthermore, you can adjust LumiExpert technology or disable it.
Performance and quality built into every project
The plastic casings of both projectors do not detract from the solid build, which is undoubtedly good. It is possible for both projectors to fail due to a shortage in a coffee table.
However, both projectors are designed to last many years if used properly.
Because they have short-throw capabilities, these short-throw projectors make excellent additions to a dorm room.
- In both models, you can mount a projector on the ceiling. The distance from the projection surface means that the wire will need to be much smaller.
- In order to fit a 100-inch screen on the 100-inch screen, you must place the projectors at least five feet apart.
- No matter how many features they have, neither of the projectors comes with lens shift technology. Even expensive projectors have lens shift capabilities, so the technology is not a deal-breaker.
- There are numerous connections available on both projectors. There are two HDMI ports (MHL support), one D-Sub port, one Audio In port, one Audio Out port, one USB Type-A port, one USB Mini-B port, and one RS232 port.
- The resulting connectivity can be used by computers, smartphones, Xboxes, PlayStations, Wiis, and TVs as well as streaming media players.
- Those two Benq projectors, the HT2150ST and TH671ST, are already both short-throw. Although they are both marketed as gaming projectors with low input lag, both can also play fast-paced games with just 16ms input lag.
- The native resolution of each projector is 1920 x 1080p. The gaming console of your choice will now allow you to play your favorite games on a big screen.
- In this Benq TH671ST vs HT2150ST comparison, the TH671ST has a much brighter screen and has 3000 lumens of brightness. HT2150ST provides 2200 lumens of brightness as opposed to the Benq.
- Its greater brightness makes the TH671ST more suitable for use in all kinds of settings, such as an office, a classroom, a gaming room, a living room, and so on. Meanwhile, Watching high-resolution movies on the Benq HT2150ST is a pleasure, as it is geared further towards accurate color reproduction.
- Due to its coverage of Rec.709 colors, the BT2150ST’s color reproduction is accurate. Enjoy vivid and lifelike colors when watching your favorite videos on this projector.
- SmartEco mode uses lamps rated at 240W and a lifespan of 7,000 hours. In the Benq T-471ST, you can also choose LampSave as a fourth mode. A lamp’s life can be extended by up to 15,000 hours when its brightness is reduced by using LampSave.
According to Benq, the HT2150ST consumes a maximum power of 375W, and the TH671ST consumes a maximum power of 325W. Despite this claim, the reality of power consumption is usually less.
Important Features & functionality
In this Benq TH671ST vs HT2150ST comparison, we’ve seen that both projectors have similar features while targeting different audiences.
- To increase their appeal to their respective target markets, both projectors include several essential features.
- In the LumiExpert, the luminosity value is automatically adjusted to suit ambient lighting, as we mentioned above.
- The Ambient Light Sensor (ALS) featured on the projector facilitates this feature.
- This system is competing with the Benq HT2150ST, which has ISF-certified calibration. Calibration can only be changed or modified by ISF personnel who are experts in the field.
- Choosing between ISF Day and ISF Night can be done from the OSD menu. Thus, during the day you can select ISF Day mode, while at night you can select ISF Night mode.
However, each projector also offers Dual OSD menus – Intermediate and Advanced. Therefore, you can access the advanced OSD menu if you’d like full control over minute settings on your projector. In the meantime, you can let your family members adjust your basic OSD settings, such as brightness, contrast, lamp mode, etc.
Imagine connecting your cable TV line to your projector. With a 1:1 reproduction and support for SDTV, EDTV, and HDTV, the Benq HT2150ST is a better option.
Both projectors have low input lag, making them ideal for gaming. Both projectors also have a Game mode to enhance the overall gaming experience. By enhancing shadows, the Game Mode improves the quality of the projector’s image. Despite the high speed of the game, it offers even more clarity and precision.
If you intend to watch sports in a bright room, the Benq TH671ST is a better option due to its higher brightness. The 3000 lumens of brightness are perfectly acceptable for watching your favorite sports on a large screen. When it comes to viewing and listening to videos, I recommend buying a dedicated speaker set.
A higher dynamic contrast ratio of 15,000:1 is provided by the Benq HT2150ST, which improves clarity in darker scenes thanks to richer grayscale. Thus, you’ll enjoy blacks with a deeper level of contrast and vibrant colors.
Exhaust fans are equipped on both products in order to prevent the projector from overheating. The exhaust fan is set for a higher rotational speed to dissipate heat faster from projectors with DLP lamps.
A quiet room can be disturbed by a loud fan. Both projectors have exhaust fans that are audible even in a quiet room. When the volume is turned up, however, the fan noise isn’t noticeable.