The Nixy Newport is a stand up paddle board that has been designed to be the perfect all-rounder for those who want to enjoy both surfing and paddling in one go. It’s also great for beginners as it comes with an easy to use inflatable design, which makes it ideal for learning how to surf or just having fun on the water.
The Nixy Newport is available in three different sizes; Small (7ft), Medium (8ft) and Large (9ft). This review will look at the 7ft version of this board.
About NIXY Newport Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
- Most Versatile iSup: A versatile iSUP that performs well in a variety of water activities and is suitable for all skill levels. Measuring 106″ x 33″ x 6″, this board is used by individuals of all shapes and sizes.
- Ultra-Light, Durable Design: The boards are made of dual layer PVC, FusionTech laminated, woven drop stitch technology, reinforced carbon side rails, and inflate to 15 PSI. They are built for durability and portability. This ISUP weighs just 21 pounds, so you can take it with you anywhere.
- Includes Isup Pump, Paddle and Accessories Bundle: SUP hybrid ankle leash, 3-wheeled backpack, 3-stage double chamber hand pump, 3-stage double chamber hand pump and 3 tool-less removable fins come standard with each inflatable SUP board.
- Action Mounts and UV Protected Deck: Featuring a large, non-slip, UV protected deck pad for extra comfort and safety. Includes 16 d-rings, dual removable bungees, and 5x M8 action mounts for accessories.
Why Choose Nixy?
The team at our company has been building inflatable paddle boards since 2015, near Orange County, California’s famous beaches. Designed and built by paddle boarders, every board comes with a 2-Year Warranty and a 30-Day Risk-Free Return Policy.
NIXY Inflatable Paddle Board Review 2023
Design & Features:
The Nixys Newport features a wide deck area, which means you can easily get out there and enjoy some waves without worrying about getting wet feet. When not in use, the board is easier to carry around since it has two handles attached to the front.
- The board itself is made from high quality PVC material, which gives it a nice feel and durability.
- The board measures 7ft long by 2ft 6in wide and weighs approximately 13kg.
- It has a maximum weight capacity of 220lbs, so if you have any extra weight then you may need to consider buying a larger size.
- Beginners and experienced users alike can use this board because of its very stable shape. If you sit down on it, it tends to tip over rather easily.
- Once you learn how to balance yourself properly, however, you should be able to stay upright more easily.
There are no fins included with the board, but they do come with a handy carrying bag, which includes a pump.
Surfers of all skill levels can use this board, including beginners and intermediates. It is best suited to flat calm waters, as it doesn’t really perform too well in choppy conditions. It is, however, very stable, so even though it won’t perform particularly well in rough seas, it will still remain steady and balanced.
If you are looking for something that is going to give you a bit of a workout, then this isn’t the board for you. Enjoy the sun on this board if you’re looking to spend your time outdoors.
This board is suitable for people who like to surf in shallow areas, as it is fairly buoyant.
NIXY Store Comparison Table
|NIXY Store||Newport G4 All Around||Venice G4 Cruiser||Monterey G4 Touring|
|Dimensions||10′6″ x 33″ x 6″||10′6″ x 34″ x 6″||11′6″ x 34″ x 6″|
|Weight||21 lbs.||23 lbs.||25 lbs.|
|Capacity||Up to 300 lbs.||Up to 350 lbs.||Up to 400 lbs.|
|Volume||300L||315L||350L Dual Chambered|
|M8 Mounting Points||5||5||10|
|Recommended Skill Level||All Skill Levels||All Skill Levels||All Skill Levels|
|Perfect for||All Around, Touring, Pets, Travel, Fitness||Fitness, Fishing, Pets, Touring, Tandem||Touring, Fitness, Fishing, Pets, Tandem|
Overall, we think that the Nixy Newport is an excellent choice for anyone wanting to try their hand at surfing. It is a versatile board that offers plenty of stability, while being able to handle a variety of conditions. It is also relatively inexpensive, making it an affordable option for everyone. For those looking to start surfing on a budget, we recommend this board.